Procedures for the approval of a proposal for a Session-Workshop or Minisymposium
The organizer must provide:
1. A proposal for the organization of a Session-Workshop or Minisymposium.
2. A small description of his/her proposal (no more than 150 words).
3. A short CV.
4. Information about the procedures which will be followed for the promotion of that Session-Workshop or Minisymposium (the organizer is responsible for the promotion).
5. His/her full affiliations along with an e-mail adress for the submission of papers on the subject of the Session-Workshop or Minisymposium.
Attention Note: The maximum number of papers per author is four (4)
After the approval, the organizer will be the person responsible for the selection of the papers.
The papers must be sent to the ICNAAM Secretariat until 26 July 2019.
In the Proceedings of ICNAAM 2019 the Sessions-Workshops and Minisymposia will lie in a separate section of the Volume with a Preface created by the organizer. Occasionally, the organizer must inform us about the participation of his/her Session. If a Session consists of at least 6 registrations, the organizer will be granted free registration for ICNAAM 2019. If a Symposium consists of at least 10 registrations, the organizer will be granted free registration and have a part of the accomodation expenses covered.
If a participant wants to send a paper to a Symposium mentioned below, please use the e-mail address(es) of the organizer(s).
PROPOSALS SESSIONS AND MINISYMPOSIA WHICH
HAVE BEEN APPROVED (UPDATED)
1) Title: The 14th International Symposium on Numerical Analysis of Fluid Flows, Heat and Mass Transfer - Numerical Fluids 2019
Organizer: Prof. Dr. Dia Zeidan, School of Basic Sciences and Humanities, German Jordanian University, Amman, Jordan
E-mail: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
This symposium series started in Crete, Greece, in 2006 chaired by Professor Pawel Kosinski of the University of Bergen, Norway. The symposium is associated with the annual edition of the ICNAAM since 2006. It represents one of the largest and most successful activities of ICNAAM with a strong commitment to research and development within the academic community. Since its start, the focus of the symposium is numerical mathematics for fluid flow problems and related topics.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- formulation, identification and resolution of multidimensional fluid flows, heat and mass transfer
- numerical methods for fluid flows including heat and mass transfer and chemical reactions
- multi-phase fluid flow problems
- non-Newtonian flows
- free surface, environmental and geophysical flows
- population balance modelling, optimization and control
- agglomeration, breakup and collision
- polymer processing
- shock waves, combustion and explosions
- biological fluid flows
- granular and porous media
- renewable and non-renewable energies
- microfluidics and nanofluidics
- supercritical fluids and processes
- fluid-structure interactions
- multiphysics involving fluid flows and other applications
- turbulence and phase interaction in fluid dynamics
- mathematical methods for fluid flows, heat and mass transfer
- boundary value problems for differential equations in fluids
- application of fractional calculus to fluid flows, heat and mass transfer
- engineering applications of fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer
- experimental measurements and numerical modelling of the fluid flows, heat and mass transfer
THE URL ADDRESS OF THIS INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM AND ALL OTHER DETAILS CAN BE FOUND AT
2) Title: The Ninth Symposium on Advanced Computation and Information in Natural and Applied Sciences
Organizer: Dr. rer. nat. Claus-Peter Ruckemann, Leibniz Universitat Hannover and Westfalische Wilhelms-Universitat Munster (WWU) and North-German Supercomputing Alliance (HLRN), Germany
This Symposium on Advanced Computation and Information in Natural and Applied Sciences focusses on architectures and methods for high end computational and numerical applications.
Up to date computing and information systems (software engineering, communication, and architectures) are an undispensable tool for progress in various scientific fields.
We invite scientists and engineers from academia and industry using and implementing computation and information systems, High Performance Computing, Cloud Computing, and Distributed Computing for scientific research, engineering, education, and future internet applications.
Authors are invited to submit original unpublished results which are not under review in any other conference or journal, to the peer review for publication and presentation, in the following, but not limited to, the following topic areas of this symposium.
* Large scale and fast computation
* Information and computing systems
* Advanced software engineering, intelligent and autonomous systems
* Software engineering for high end systems and applications
* Supercomputing, High Performance Computing (HPC), Exascale
* High End Computing (HEC), Cloud Computing, Grid Computing, distributed systems
* Services computing
* Database applications
* Data processing
* Efficient algorithms, Parallelisation of algorithms and applications
* Integrated frameworks for computation and information
* Big data, large scale data storage, management, and visualisation
* Parallel algorithms, MPI, OpenMP, shared Memory
* Optimisation, data structures and highly performance codes
* Programming languages, tools for parallelisation
* Advanced applications and algorithms
* Computer science, natural sciences, geosciences, planetology
* Archaeology, geoprocessing, spatial sciences
* Life sciences, medical applications
* Mathematical and numerical algorithms
* Simulation and modelling, genetic algorithms
* Scientific data processing
* Advanced scientific computing
* Computation frameworks and tools
* Methodological and practical contributions
* Knowledge-based systems, education, e-Learning, and e-Science
* Legal informatics, technical-legal context, science and Open Access
* Documentation, classification (UDC), resources, and evaluation context
* Performance measurement
* Energy consumption and management
* Web services and performance
* Applications and benchmarking
* Networks and systems communications
* Future Internet broadband services and applications
* Resources and object certification, public key infrastructures
* Data integrity
* Privacy and anonymity
* Networks/systems measurement, control and management, simulation and emulation
* Quality of Service, Data, and Context (QoS / QoD / QoC), auditing, assessment, governance
* e-Commerce, accounting, pricing and billing
* Use of distributed compute and storage resources
* Energy-aware mechanisms and energy-efficient technology for operation, control, and management
* Configuration, reuse of software components
* Resource allocation and management
* System and data security; Communication visualisation
Deadline for submitting your fully formatted 4 page paper for peer review: May 6, 2019 (final date).
Deadline for improved paper and sources: June 20, 2019 (final date).
Other deadlines and relevant information, e.g., regarding registration, can be found in the section of Dates of Importance, at http://www.icnaam.org
3) Title: Physical-chemical gas-dynamics: Non-equilibrium processes modeling and simulation
Organizer: Dr. Yuriy Gorbachev, Coddan Technologies LLC, Head of the Research Department, Beloostrovskaya str., 22, off. 430. St.-Petersburg 197342, Russia
- Modeling of non-equilibrium processes in reactive gas mixtures
- Kinetic and gas-dynamic approaches
- Generalized Boltzmann equation
- Boundary conditions and film growth simulation
- Modeling of nucleation/condensation/coagulation
- Quasi-chemical nucleation model
- Asymptotic methods for deriving gas-dynamic equations from kinetic
- Non-equilibrium and multiphysics
- Novel approaches to combine different models in one problem solution
- Challenging applications in industry and academia
- Advanced numerical methods for solving non-equilibrium effects in reactive gas mixture problems
4) Title: Recent Advances and Current Research on the Difference Equations and its Applications
Organizer: Professor Dr. Seifedine Kadry, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Beirut Arab University, Lebanon and Professor Dr. Abdelkhalak EL HAMI, LOFIMS Laboratory, INSA de Rouen, France
Difference Equation or discrete dynamical system is a very interesting subject because they are central to the analysis of many models of dynamic programming and we can derive many complex behavior based on simple formulation.
The aim of this symposium is to discuss the new developments in the field of difference equations, and their applications.
Topics of interest include but not limited to:
- Solution of the difference equation and its behavior,
- equilibrium or critical value and stability
- general theory of difference equations
- random difference equations
- iteration theory
- bifurcation theory
- mathematical biology
- control theory
- chaotic dynamics
- complex dynamics
- iterated function systems
- numerical approximations
- discretization of differential equations
- dynamic equations on time scales
- discrete equations and inequalities
- discrete transformations
- functional equations
- orthogonal polynomials
- stochastic processes
- industrial mathematics
- mathematical engineering
- discrete models
- applications in economics, physics and other disciplines
- difference-differential equations
- computational linear algebra
- evolutionary game theory
5) Title: 5th Symposium on Computational Modeling and Experimental Assessment of Transport Processes in Porous Building Materials
Organizer: Prof. Oldřich Zmeškal, Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Purkyňova 118, CZ‐612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
- Theoretical models of transport phenomena
- Computer simulation tools
- Material parameters and their assessment
- Model verification techniques
- Environmental effects on building structures
- Risk analysis
- Service life assessment studies
- High-temperature applications
- Applications in a renovation of historical buildings and monuments
- Sustainable development and eco-efficient materials
- Other applications in building science and building practice
6) Title: ISA 2019 - 6th International Symposium on Intelligent Systems and Algorithms
Organizers: 1 Dr. Martin Kotyrba – Chairman 1Assoc. Prof. Eva Volna – Vice-Chairman
- Genetic Programming
- Grammatical Evolution
- Differential Evolution
- Evolutionary strategies
- Hybrid and Distributed Algorithms
- Fuzzy Logic, Expert Systems
- Neural Networks
- Multi-Agent Systems
- Artificial Life
- Chaos, Complexity, Fractals
- Information technology
- Image Processing, Computer Vision
- Web Ontologies, Deductions, OWL
- Adaptive E-learning
- Intelligent Systems, IEEE International Journal.
- Journal of Numerical Analysis, Industrial and Applied Mathematics (JNAIAM), which is the official journal of the European Society of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences (Wiley & Sons)
- Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences (AMIS).
- Papers in the form of extended abstracts, max. 4 pages according to the AIP template, should be sent to email@example.com
- Paper submission deadline 30 June 2019
8) Title: Fourth Symposium on Difference & Differential Equations and Applications 2019
Organizer: Professor Sandra Pinelas, Departamento de Ciências Exactas e Engenharia, Academia Militar, Portugal, Website: https://sites.google.com/site/sandrapinelas/home
The main aim of this symposium is to promote, encourage, cooperate, and bring together researchers in the fields of differential & difference equations as well dynamical systems with special emphasis on applications.
9) Title: 12-th Symposium on Recent Trends in the Numerical Solution of Differential Equations
Organizer: Prof. Dr. Luigi Brugnano, Dipartimento di Matematica "U.Dini", Universita` degli Studi di Firenze, Viale Morgagni 67/A, 50134 Firenze Italy. Tel. : +39-055-4237-119, Fax. : +39-055-4237-162.http://www.math.unifi.it/~brugnano/ and Ao. Univ. Prof. Dr. Ewa B. Weinmüller, Department for Analysis and Scientific Computing, Vienna University of Technology, Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10/1152, A-1040 Wien, Austria. http://www.math.tuwien.ac.at/~ewa/
10) Title: 15-th Symposium Clifford Analysis and Applications
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Klaus Gürlebeck, Bauhaus-University Weimar, Institute for Mathematics and Physics, Coudray-Str. 13 B, 99423 Weimar, Germany, Prof. Dr. Sören Kraußhar, University of Erfurt, Institute of Mathematics, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Nordhäuser Str. 63, 99089 Erfurt, Prof. Dr. Nelson Faustino, Centro de Matemática, Computação e Cognição (CMCC), Universidade Federal do ABC (UFABC), Santo André-SP, Brasil, CEP 09210-580
- Pure and applied Clifford analysis, applications in harmonic analysis
- Complex and Generalized Function Theories
- Partial differential equations, boundary and initial value problems, control problems
- Fractional differential and integral calculus
- Physics, computational physics, crystallography and scattering, quantum mechanics, optics
- Practical applications in engineering sciences in general, applications in classical mechanics, material science, fluid dynamics, electromagnetism
- Approximation theory, numerical methods, and simulations
- Discrete function theories with applications
- Special functions, polynomial systems, orthogonal polynomials
- Conformal and quasi-conformal mappings
- Combinatorics, analytic number theory, modular forms
- Integral transforms, signal analysis, and image processing
- Geometric algebra and applications
- Numerical analysis and discrete function theory
- Quantum Field Theory on the Lattice.
11) Title: The Third Symposium on Mathematical Methods in Economics and Nature Use
Organizers: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alexander N. Medvedev, Scientific Secretary, Institute of Industrial Ecology UB RAS, Yekaterinburg, Russia, Associate Professor (part time), Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia, Active Member of the European Academy of Natural Sciences, Hanover, Germany and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Marina A. Medvedeva, Head of Department of Systems Analysis and Decision Making, Associate Professor, Ural Federal University, Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Mathematical and Computer Models, Methods, Algorithms in considered fields;
- Modeling and Simulation;
- Data processing, Data Mining, Machine Learning;
- Information Systems, Software Tools, Web Applications;
- Computer Science and Education;
- Related Topics.
13) Title: Graphs
Organizer: Dr. Vojislav Petrovic, Department of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
- scores in graphs and digraphs
- Eulerian and Hamiltonian graphs and digraphs
- planar graphs
- graph factors and decompositions
- graph colorings
- extremal graphs
- graph spectra
- digraphs, tournaments and their generalizations
- graph algorithms
15) Title: Recent Advances in Numerical Methods and Simulations in Statics and Dynamics of Structures
Organizers: Prof. Ing. Juraj Králik, CSc.1), Assoc. prof. Ing. Eva Kormaníková, Ph.D.2), Prof. Ing. Martin Krejsa, Ph.D.3),
- The advanced methods and simulations of structure failure under extreme loads,
- The nonlinear material and a geometric model of structures and efficient numerical methods,
- The advances in the soil-base-structure or soil-fluid-structure interaction analysis under seismic loads,
- The experimental tests and the fluid simulation of the blast or extreme wind impact on structures with various shape,
- The optimization of the new composite materials or structure shape to have the higher safety of the structure under the impact of extreme loads,
- The simulation probabilistic methods and the stochastic finite elements to probabilistic analysis of the structure resistance due to extreme loads,
- The risk analysis of the structure failure using the fragility curves of the structural elements for various type of accident or extreme loads,
- The Reliability-Based Optimization procedures to consider the effects of uncertainty by means of reliability, the applications involving optimal structural design for stochastic linear and nonlinear statics and dynamics.
- The experience from the experiment tests, modeling and simulations of the structural failure under extreme loads using the deterministic or probabilistic assessment are welcome.
16) Title: 5th Edition of the Symposium on Computational Tools for Direct Digital Manufacturing (CT4DDM)
Organizers: Nuno Alves | Centre for Rapid and Sustainable Product Development (CDRSP-IPLeiria) and Mechanical Engineering Department of the School of Technology and Management (ESTG) of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPLeiria), Paula Pascoal-Faria | CDRSP-IPLeiria & Mathematical Department of the ESTG-IPLeiria, Sandra Amado | CDRSP-IPLeiria & Health Science and Technology Department from the School of Health Science from the IPLeiria
- Additive Manufacturing (3D/4D Printing)
- Subtractive Manufacturing
- Conformal Manufacturing
- Multiscale Reverse Engineering
- CAD/CAM/CAE Applications
- Mono and Multi-objective Optimization
17) Title: 2nd Symposium on Advanced Methods and Information Technologies Applications (AMITA)
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Petr S. Martyshko, CorrespondingMember of Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Head of Laboratory of Mathematical Geophysics at Bulashevich Institute of Geophysics, Ural Branch of RAS,Professor of Ural Federal University, Ekaterinburg, Russia and Prof. Dr. Elena N. Akimova, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences,Leading research scientist of Krasovskii Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics, Ural Branch of RAS,Professor of Ural Federal University, Ekaterinburg, Russia
- Mathematical Modellings and Numerical Methods
- Advanced Applications and Algorithms of Mathematical Physics
- Mathematical Methods of Geophysics
- Mathematical Methods in Radiotechnics
- Mathematical Methods in Optimal control
- Signal and Image Processing
- Parallel Computing and Applications, High-Performance Computing
- Software Tools and Web Applications for High-performance computing
- Computer Science and Education
19) Title: Operational Research and Applications
Organizers: Prof. Dra. Fernanda A. Ferreira and Prof. Dr. Flávio Ferreira, School of Hospitality and Tourism, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Rua D. Sancho I, 981, 4480-876 Vila do Conde, Portugal
- Optimization methods,
- Decision theory,
- Stochastic models,
- Game theory,
- Queueing systems,
- Combinatorial Optimization,
- Cutting and Packing,
- Data mining,
- Optimal control,
- Multi-objective optimization,
22) Title: Numerical Methods for Solving differential equations with Application to Science and Engineering
Organizer: Dr. Manoj Kumar, Professor & Head, Department of Mathematics, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad-India
23) Title: Recent Theories and Applications in Computational Mathematics
Organizers: Asst. Professor Dr. Fazlollah SOLEYMANI and Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ali AKGUL, Department of Mathematics, Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences (IASBS), Zanjan 45137-66731, Iran, Department of Mathematics, Art and Science Faculty, Siirt University, Siirt, Turkey
Computational Mathematics is a hybrid topic that sits at the intersection of applied mathematics and computer science. It puts on show the power of computers for solving industrial-size mathematical problems. An illustration under this topic is the Computational Finance ﬁeld, which deals with problems of practical interest in ﬁnance, i.e., the study of data and algorithms currently used in ﬁnance and the mathematics of computer programs that realize ﬁnancial models or systems. The fundamental aim of this symposium is to provide new trends in the ﬁeld of Computational Mathematics and related applications. The authors are invited to submit original research articles to stimulate the continuing efforts in numerical approximation of mathematical problems and related theories. The symposium provides a forum for researchers and writers to communicate their state-of-the-art improvements and to propose their new ﬁndings on this topic.
Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- Advanced scientiﬁc computing
- Mathematical and numerical algorithms
- Computational ﬁnance
- Stochastic optimization
- Fractional differential and integral calculus
- Random difference equations
- Advanced applications and algorithms
- Applications in economics, physics, and other disciplines
- Risk analysis
- Numerical analysis and discrete function theory
- Stochastic control
- ODEs, PDEs, SDEs
- Mathematical biology
- Stochastic processes
- Bifurcation theory
25) Title: Statistical Inference in Copula Models and Markov Processes IV
Organizer: Veronica Andrea Gonzalez-Lopez, University of Campinas, Department of Statistics. Rua Sergio Buarque de Holanda, 651. Campinas-S.P. Brazil. CEP 13083-859. http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~veronica/
- Copula Models and Properties;
- Statistical Inference in Copula Models;
- Markov Models and Properties;
- Statistical Inference in Markov Processes;
- Dependence Coefficients;
- Copula-Based Hypothesis Tests;
- Information Criteria for Markov Processes;
- Copula-Based Procedures with Applications;
- Markov Processes Procedures with Applications.
26) Title: The Fourth Symposium in Recent Developments in Differential and Integro-Differential Equations and Their Applications
Organizer: Prof. Muhammed I. Syam, Department of Mathematical Sciences, UAE University, Al-Ain, UAE
27) Title: The Sixth Symposium on Approximation of Curves and Surfaces (ACS 2019)
Organizer: Prof. Dr. Abedallah Rababah, Department of Mathematical Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, UAE.
- Approximation theory and Orthogonal Polynomials
- Computer Aided Geometric Design and the Bezier curves and surfaces
- Computer Graphics, Visualization, and Image Processing
- Approximation and Interpolation of Functions
- Simulation and Modelling in Science, Engineering, and Life Science
- Computational Geometry and CAD
- Splines and Wavelets (univariate and multivariate)
28) Title: The 8th Symposium on Generating Functions of Special Numbers and Polynomials and their Applications (GFSNP2019)
Organizer: Prof. Dr. Yilmaz SIMSEK, AKDENIZ UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS 07058, ANTALYA TURKEY, Tel: ++90 242 310 23 43, Fax:+ +90242227 89 11, http://aves.akdeniz.edu.tr/ysimsek/yayinlar, http://matematik.fen.akdeniz.edu.tr/_dinamik/21/436.pdf
The goal of the Symposium is to bring together all the researchers working in various fields of Mathematics, Mathematical Physics-Engineering and related areas such as Analysis, Non-linear Analysis, Integral transforms, Number Theory, p-adic Analysis and Applied Algebra, Special Functions, q-analysis and Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Mathematical Physics, Mathematical modeling and their applications. Our main aim is also to bring together theoretical, numerical and apply analyst, number theorists, (quantum) physicist working in the areas of generating functions of the special numbers and polynomials and their applications. All of the participants will likely lead to significant uncover new connections on these fields which are special numbers and polynomials, and also the family of zeta functions and L-functions.
30) Title: 4th Symposium on Mathematical Modeling and Numerical Simulation of Physical and Chemical Phenomena in Porous Materials
Organizer: Professor Jaroslav Kruis, Department of Mechanics, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague, Thakurova 7, 166 29 Prague, Czech Republic. Tel: +420 224 354 580
- Theoretical modeling of physical and chemical phenomena
- Numerical simulations of transport and storage processes
- Characterization of porous materials
- Assessment of model parameters
- Applications in applied science and engineering
31) Title: Mathematical Problems in Aerospace Science MPAS-2019
Organizers: Prof. Calogero Orlando, Dr. Antonio Esposito, Dr. Stefano Valvano, Kore University of Enna, Via delle Olimpiadi, 94100 Enna, Italy
MPAS Symposium focuses on new results of aerospace science researches carried out by using mathematical techniques. The aim of the Session is to collect relevant papers dealing with important approaches of applied mathematics, which have relevance to the engineering in the field of Aerodynamics and Fluid dynamics, Propulsion, Materials and Structures, Aerospace Systems, Flight Mechanics and Control, Space Systems and Missions in order to create new collaborations between mathematicians and aerospace engineers.
Papers must be characterized by innovative models, methods and approaches that can found practical application to the engineering field or by new useful application of existing models to solve engineering problems.
The Symposium will be characterized by a multidisciplinary nature that, by means of a common need for mathematical and numerical models, can invite authors involved in the implementation of mathematical and numerical approaches with applications in different engineering areas including but not limited to: Flight Mechanics; Aircraft Design; Flight Tests; Aircraft flight control systems; Structures and Materials; Damage and Fracture Mechanics; Smart Structures and Materials; Computational Mechanics; Fluid dynamics; Computational Fluid Dynamics; Aircraft Transportation; Air Traffic Management; Aircraft Guidance Navigation and Control; Aircraft Systems and Equipments; Sensors and Actuators; All-Electric Aircraft advancements; Aircraft Maintenance and Failure Analysis; Propulsion Systems; Flight Simulation; Aviation Human Factor; Space Exploration and Missions; Space Engineering and Technology; Green Aviation; Noise control; Aeroelasticity; Avionics; Optimization, Control and Identification
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Alexander P. Krishchenko and Prof. Dr. Georgy N. Kuvyrkin, Bauman Moscow State Technical University, ul. 2-aja Baumanskaja 5, 105005, Moscow, Russia
- Scientific Computing and Algorithms
- Quality Theory of Differential Equations and PDEs
- Control Theory and Automation
- Heat and Mass Transfer
35) Title: Fractional Differential Operators and their Applications in Nonlinear Systems
Organizer: Qasem M. Al-Mdallal: Department of Mathematical Sciences, UAE University, Al Ain, P.O. Box, 15551, UAE, Thabet Abdeljawad: Department of Mathematics and General Sciences, Prince Sultan University, P. O. Box 66833, 11586 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and Fahd Jarad: Department of Mathematics, Cankaya University, 06790 Ankara, Turkey, Professor Guo-Cheng Wu: Dean of Data Recovery Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province, Neijiang Normal University, Neijiang 641100, China
37) Title: VI Minisymposium on Symmetry Methods and their Applications to Differential Equations
Organizers: Maria Santos Bruzón1, Igor Leite Freire2, Maria Luz Gandarias1, Chaudry Masood Khalique3, Mariano Torrisi4 and Rita Tracinà4
38) Title: Computational Mechanics
Organizers: Lead Research Scientist, PhD Jüri Majak, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Tallinn University of Technology, Tallinn, Estonia and Prof. M Di Sciuva, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
- Composite materials and structures
- Smart materials
- Functional materials
- Biocomposites, nanocomposites
- Nanomaterials and structures
- Laminated glass
- Graded materials and structures
- Beams, plates, shells
- Solid mechanics
- Traditional numerical methods (FEM, DQM, FDM)
- New numerical methods (wavelet methods, meshfree methods)
- Traditional optimization techniques (gradient based methods)
- Global optimization techniques (B&B, evolutionary methods: GA, ACO, PSO)
40) Title: New Trends in Numerical Computation for Solid and Structural Mechanics
Organizers: Dr. Francesca Nerilli, PhD, Università degli Studi Niccolò Cusano, Via Don Carlo Gnocchi 3, 00166 Roma, Italy; Dr. Stefania Imperatore, PhD, Università degli Studi Niccolò Cusano, Via Don Carlo Gnocchi 3, 00166 Roma, Italy; Dr. Maria Zucconi, PhD, Università degli Studi Niccolò Cusano, Via Don Carlo Gnocchi 3, 00166 Roma, Italy
- Applied mathematics on static and dynamics of structures.
- Mathematical modeling and optimization.
- Non-linear finite element methods for structural modeling.
- Material science and engineering.
- Fracture mechanic.
- Aging of materials and structures.
- Risk assessment techniques and management.
- Earthquake engineering.
- Numerical simulation methods for dynamic problems.
- Statistical methods and probabilistic approaches.
41) Title: Fifth Symposium on Mathematical Modelling of Hydrological Sciences
Organizers: Prof. Fabio Russo and Prof. Francesco Napolitano and Dr. Andrea Neri, Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Facoltà di Ingegneria Civile e Industriale, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Edile e Ambientale, Via Eudossiana 18, 00184, Roma (RM), Italy
- Catchment hydrology
- Hydrological forecasting
- Water management
- Operations and control
- Remote sensing and data assimilation
- Precipitation and climate.
42) Title: 5th Symposium on Modelling and Simulation in Computer Sciences and Engineering (MSCSE 2019)
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Francisco Miranda, CIDMA, University of Aveiro, Portugal, & Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, Portugal; Prof. Dr. Carlos Abreu, Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo, Portugal; and Dr. Daniel Miranda, Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, Portugal.
- Modelling in engineering sciences and technology
- Dynamical systems models and methods
- Computational methods in engineering
- Modelling applications using ODEs and PDEs
- Computer science modelling and simulation
- Computer networks modelling, optimization, and simulation
- Optimization and control theory
- Stochastic optimization
- Complex systems modelling
- Numerical methods and simulation
- Computational intelligence
- Systems modelling
- Simulation visualization
- Information systems and management
- Multiscale modelling and simulation
- Computational mathematics
- Analysis of mathematical models
- Verification and validation
- Algorithms and data structures
- Software design
- Control and systems engineering
44) Title: Modelling and Analysis of Problems in Mathematical Physics and Engineering
Organizer: Gabriella Bognar, Professor, University of Miskolc, 3515 Miskolc-Egyetemvaros, Hungary
- modelling, solid mechanics,
- fluid-structure interaction,
- fluid dynamics,
- heat and mass transfer,
- boundary layer phenomena,
- multiscale methods,
- growth models,
45) Title: Nonperturbative Quantum Field Theory and Cosmology
Organizer: Dr. Peter Tsang, Post-doc/Visiting Scientist, Brown University Department of Physics, USA
48) Title: Statistics and Modelling
Organizer: Professor Milan Stehlik, University of Valparaiso Chile and Johannes Kepler University in Linz, Austria
Various emerging topics in Statistics and Statistical Modelling will be addressed.
50) Title: Geomatics Approaches for Environmental Surveying and Modelling
Organizers: Mangiameli Michele, Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture (DICAR), University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria, 6, 95125 Catania (Italy), Melita Donato, Department of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (DIEEI), University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria, 6, 95125 Catania (Italy), Muscato Giovanni, Department of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (DIEEI), University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria, 6, 95125 Catania (Italy) and Mussumeci Giuseppe, Department of Civil Engineering and Architecture (DICAR), University of Catania, Viale Andrea Doria, 6, 95125 Catania (Italy)
This Symposium is dedicated to the geomatics approaches used for surveying, monitoring and modeling the territory, both with classical techniques and innovative technologies. Geomatics approaches involve the use of the latest generation of laser scanners, UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) or UGV(Unmanned Ground Vehicle)and satellite technologies. Particular attention will be given to the use of free and open source information technologies (GIS software, DBMS, photogrammetry, etc.) for the management of data acquired in the field. This session will allow attendees to review and share knowledge and experience about environmental monitoring and modelling, reinforcing the cooperation between applied mathematics, engineering, environmental science, and remote sensing.
51) Title: Nonlinear Control in Continuous-Time Production Systems and in Economics
Organizers: Dr. Gerasimos Rigatos, Unit of Industrial Automation, Industrial Systems Institute, 26504, Rion, Dr. Pierluigi Siano, Department of Management and Innovation Systems, University of Salerno, 84084, Fisciano, Italy, Dr. Taniya Ghosh, IGIDR, Institute of Development Research, 400065, Mumbai, India
53) Title: Mathematical Modeling, Numerical Algorithms, Optimization Methods and Flow Control for Aerospace Techniques
Organizers: Dr. Alexandru DUMITRACHE, “Gheorghe Mihoc-Caius Iacob" Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania, Dr. Florin FRUNZULICA,POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Romania &“Gheorghe Mihoc-Caius Iacob" Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania, Dr. Daniel CRUNTEANU, POLITEHNICA University of Bucharest, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Romania, Mailing Address of the Organizers: Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics, Romanian Academy of Science, 050711 Calea 13 Septembrie Nr. 13, Sector 5, Bucharest, Romania
- Numerical algorithms and computing methods in aerodynamics
- UAV – design, performance prediction, control, launcher, recovery systems
- Aerodynamic design optimization
- Active and passive flow control methods
- Applications of the Coanda effect
- Fluid-structure interaction analysis
- Aerodynamic and aerothermodynamic analysis of space mission vehicles
- CFD analysis on rotors (propeller, wind turbine, helicopter)
- Rotational and 3-D effects on rotor blades
- Structural-response / Aeroservoelastic analysis
- Computation of classes of models based on the experimental data.
55) Title: Numerical Mathematics and High-Performance Computing in Engineering and Environmental Sciences
Organizer: Martin Cermak, Department of Mathematics at the Faculty of Civil Engineering, VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava, 17. listopadu 2172/15, 708 00 Ostrava – Poruba, Czech Republic and Bulk Solids Centre, ENET Centre, VŠB-Technical University of Ostrava, 17. listopadu 2172/15, 708 00 Ostrava – Poruba, Czech Republic
Organizer: Prof. Jiří Vala, Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Veveří 95, CZ‐602 00 Brno, Czech Republic
58) Title: Mathematical Optimization in Modern Medicine and Engineering
Organizers: Dr. Flavius Pater, Department of Mathematics, Politehnica University of Timisoara, P-ta Regina Maria no 1, 300004 (Romania), Dr. med. Dr. Serban Rosu, Department of Oral and Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery, University of Medicine and Pharmacy “V. Babes” Timisoara, Bd. Take Ionescu, 300062 (Romania) and Dr. Sorin Herban, Politehnica University of Timisoara, Faculty of Civil Engineering, P-ta Regina Maria no 1, 300004 (Romania)
- Pure and applied mathematics methods in medicine and engineering
- Medical and engineering planning optimization
- Simulation and modeling in medicine and engineering
- Image processing and analysis
- 3D reconstruction
- Biomechanics, biocinematics, biostatics
- Modeling of hard and soft tissues and pathogens behavior
- Medical and engineering applications and software
- Education in medicine and engineering
- Medical and engineering economics
59) Title: 2nd Workshop “Mathematical Methods and Models for Nano-Science”
Organizer: Igor Y.Popov, St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, Kronverkskiy, 49, St. Petersburg, 197101, Russia. Telephone: 7/812/3126131, Fax: 7/812/2322307
Development of nano-science resulted in creation and using of many new objects and structures: grapheme, nanotubes, fullerene, quantum dots, quantum wires, etc. To study the properties of such structures, processes of its constructions, one should develop new mathematical methods or modify the existing approaches. New effective mathematical models are of special interest.
The goal of the mini-symposium is to bring together mathematicians and theoretical physicists working in the field. Papers related to mathematical methods and models for description of mechanical, electronic, magnetic or optical properties (quantum or classical) of nanosystems are welcome.
61) Title: Finite Difference Schemes of New Generation
Organizer: Ostapenko Vladimir – Chief Researcher of the Lavrentyev Institute of Hydrodynamics Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, Professor of the Novosibirsk State University
62) Title: Seismic Analysis and Retrofitting of Civil Engineering Structures
Organizers: Francesco Clementi (a), Antonio Formisano (c), Gabriele Milani (c*) and Marius Mosoarca (d)
63) Title: Recent Advances in Nonlinear Dynamics and Applications
Organizers: Prof. Dr. Jing Li, College of Applied Sciences, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, P. R. China, Prof. Dr. Ruilan Tian, Department of Engineering Mechanics, Shijiazhuang Tiedao University, Shijiazhuang 050043, P. R. China, Prof. Dr. Shuangbao Li, College of Science, Civil Aviation University of China, Tianjin 300300, P. R. China, Prof. Dr. Yong Xu, School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Shaanxi 710129, P. R. China, Dr. Tingting Quan, School of Science, Tianjin Chengjian University, Tianjin 300384, P. R. China, Dr. Shaotao Zhu, College of Applied Sciences, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100124, P. R. China
- Periodic Solutions, Bifurcation, Chaos and Fractals
- Normal Form and Hypernormal Form
- Nonlinear Vibrations and Control
- Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete, Piecewise and Delay Systems
- Design and Analysis of Various Structures and (Meta-) Materials
- Mathematical and Numerical Algorithms
- Statistical and Stochastic Methods
- Data Visualization and Artificial Intelligence
64) Title: Interactive Computational Modelling in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Education
Organizer: Prof. Dr. Rui Gomes Neves, (1) Departamento de Ciências e Tecnologias (DCT) e Autónoma TechLab – Centro de Investigação em Tecnologias, Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa, Rua de Santa Marta 47, 6º Andar, 1150-293 Lisboa, Portugal. (2) Unidade de Investigação Educação e Desenvolvimento (UIED), CICS.NOVA – Centro Interdisciplinar de Ciências Sociais, Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia (FCT), Universidade Nova de Lisboa (UNL), Monte da Caparica, 2829-516 Caparica, Portugal.
- STEM knowledge development and modelling paths.
- Conceptual understanding, mathematical reasoning and problem-solving capabilities.
- New approaches, curricula or learning-teaching sequences.
- Interactive learning-teaching environments.
- ICT, multimedia and scientific computation.
- Teacher training and professional development.
65) Title: On the Coulomb Integrals in the Non-Relativistic Electronic Schrödinger Equation: Its Gaussian Expansion Evaluation and the “Switching it off and on” Solution Algorithm
Organizer: Sandor Kristyan, scientific advisor, Research Centre for Natural Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Materials and Environmental Chemistry, Magyar tudósok körútja 2, Budapest H-1117, Hungary, http://www.ttk.mta.hu/telefonkonyv/kristyan-sandor/
Organizer: Alessandro Barbiero, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods, Università degli Studi di Milano, via Conservatorio 7, 20122 Milan (Italy), phone: +390250321533
67) Title: Theory and Application of Multi-Armed Bandit, Reinforcement Learning, Neural Networks, and Deep Learning
Organizer: Ali Yekkehkhany, PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, United States of America
The focus of the symposium is on the theory of multi-armed bandits, neural networks, deep learning, and reinforcement learning in addition to their applications in engineering, including but not limited to representation models, computational biology, automatic speech recognition, image recognition, visual art processing, drug discovery and toxicology, customer relationship management, recommendation systems, medical Image Analysis, mobile advertising, image restoration, financial fraud detection, bioinformatics, molecular dynamics, coarse-graining, natural language processing, etc. Although the main focus of this special issue is on neural network, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, it also includes other machine learning topics including but not limited to decision trees, support vector machines, Bayesian models, Genetic algorithms and their applications in supervised and semi-supervised learning, unsupervised learning, feature learning, anomaly detection, sparse dictionary learning, association rules, fairness in learning, prediction models, regression, online algorithms, ranking algorithms, recommendation systems, Bayesian inference, Bayesian prediction, hypothesis learning, risk minimization, regularization and stability, multi-class clustering, Bayesian SVM, evolutionary algorithms, and stochastic optimization. All researchers in the fields of electrical and computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, civil engineering, biotechnology, mechanical engineering, chemistry, biology, medical, humanities, agriculture, horticulture, forestry, animation and multimedia are encouraged to submit their work at this symposium as long as they take advantage of multi-armed bandits, neural networks, deep learning, reinforcement learning, and any other machine learning tools in their work.
68) Title: The Symposium on Intelligent, Health, and Education Application
Organizers: Research Fellow Dr. Sonia Chen, Modern Applied Statistics and Big Data Research Centre, Huaqiao University, Xiamen, 361021, China, Associate Prof. Chialiang LIN, School of Art, Ningbo Polytechnic, Ningbo 315800, China, Associate Prof. Chenglian LIU, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Neusoft Institute of Guangdong, Foshan 528225, China, Associate Prof. Chiehwen HSU, Economics and Management College, Zhaoqing University, Zhaoqing 526000, China
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Intelligence
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Computational Engineering
- Computing Practices & Applications
- Big Data Governance
- Smart Healthcare Management
- Fuzzy Engineering
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Management
- Information Security
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Mathematical Models in Economy and Insurance
- Mathematical Models in Financial Management
- Deadline for Extended Abstracts Submission: July 26, 2019.
- Notification of Acceptance: August 1, 2019.
- Submission of the source files of camera ready extended abstracts to American Institute of Physics (AIP Conference Proceedings): October 11, 2019 – Final Date.